The definitive list of healing foods that will leave you feeling great mentally and physically. Not only are these foods chock full of essential nutrients, but they also act like alternative cures for all sorts of conditions from heart disease to diabetes. So here goes — the top 10 list!
1. Blueberries are so full of antioxidants; they’re the ideal candidates for fighting off illness. They’ve got lots of vitamin C, vitamin K, and manganese, too — not to mention fiber! They’re great for your heart, your eyes and your brain and they may help control blood sugar.
2. Oysters are the best source around for zinc. Zinc is important for healthy hormone levels, cardiovascular health, and energy production.
3. Red wine is a great source of antioxidants — resveratrol in particular.Resveratrol helps battle LDL (“bad”) cholesterol and protect your brain from the ravages of Alzheimer’s.
4. Quinoa is an ancient grain that is full of protein, but not just any protein. Quinoa contains “complete protein,” meaning all nine essential amino acids are found in this delicious grain. Whole grains are great for your digestive health and can aid in keeping you slim and trim.
5. Wild salmon is high in omega-3 fatty acids. These special fatty acids go to work in your brain keeping it healthy and functioning optimally. Omega-3s are also great mood moderators — they can take away that edge of irritability that can cloud your day.
6. Green tea is rich in Polyphenols that can literally kill cancer cells while protecting healthy cells.
7. Oatmeal is full of cancer-fighting insoluble fiber. Insoluble fiber also reduces LDL cholesterol and helps to regulate blood sugar levels.
8. Garlic has super powers when it comes to fighting damaging free radicals. It contains special sulfur compounds, which are talented cancer and infection fighters.
9. Olive oil is full of healthy fats that help protect your heart from disease. The polyphenols in olive oil are also great for fighting inflammation and for boosting cognitive health.
10. Broccoli is a vegetable that can help detox your body. It contains special phytonutrients that fight the invasion of contaminants from food, water and air. Broccoli is also anti-inflammatory and can help lessen the impact of allergens on your body.
Source for Story: