Toothaches strike the best of us and boy are they frustrating. Homeopathy is a system of medicine that works well for sudden acute symptoms like a toothache. This is reflected in the seven great remedies we present here. Read each closely to see if the symptoms sound familiar, to find a matching remedy for your particular toothache.
1. Belladonna: A great remedy for toothaches that are sudden, intense, and throbbing. Near the tooth, look for redness and swelling. It may feel hot as well. Your mouth is desert-dry. At the base of your tooth, check for any signs of abscess. The pain is worse at night and worse when you chew food. If wind hits your tooth, it throbs. Your overall facial complexion may be red and hot, and you feel nervous.
2. Mercurius: This is for a pulsating pain that feels worse at night and in rainy, damp weather. It is sore to the touch and when chewing — this soreness radiates throughout the entire jaw and much of the face. Saliva flows excessively and there is a slightly sweet or metallic taste in your mouth. Your breath smells bad and your gums appear swollen. A yellow coating is on your tongue and your teeth might feel loose inside your mouth. Hot or cold beverages are both unpleasant.
3. Chamomilla: Is an entire row of teeth painful? Do you feel sharp, nearly unbearable pains that come in flashes? Is your overall sensitivity to pain acute? Then Chamomilla might present an excellent soothing remedy. Basically, you are unable to handle the pain, which is aggravated by warmth and warm food. Irritability has set in.
4. Coffea: This remedy is created from unroasted coffee. It is best for very sharp toothaches, like pain across a nerve. You are intensely sensitive to the pain, and your demeanor turns quickly to being excitable, restless, anxious, and irritable. Pain comes in waves intermittently and is worse when you chew and when you drink anything warm. A mouthful of cold water feels good. If you are a nervous, hypersensitive person, this points to Coffea as a toothache remedy for you.
5. Arnica Montana: Arnica is good for pain and swelling brought about by false teeth or recent dental work. If everything is just sore, then Arnica may be the one for you.
6. Calcarea Carbonica: This is best for throbbing pain and sensitivity to cold. You will also be sensitive to overly hot drinks and food. You have a tendency to grind teeth and, without thinking, you are prone to making chewing motions with your mouth.
7. Hepar Sulphuris Calcareum: This toothache is like something is poking you right in the gum. You are irritable, chilly, and the tooth in question is worse when it is touched. If you have an abscessed tooth, Hepar is especially useful. as it can drain the pus, which in turn reduces your pain.
Source for Story: