One of the most unique substances on the planet, bee pollen, probably doesn’t get the recognition it deserves. This super food possesses all of the nutrients essential to sustain human life, with a breakdown of 55 percent carbohydrates, 35 percent protein, three percent vitamins and minerals, two percent fatty acids and five percent other substances.
A phenomenon uncharted by science
Pollen is the tiny male seed, required for fertilization that exists in blossom of flowers. When bees collect nectar from flowers, these tiny yellow, tan, orange, and brown balls of pollen stick to their legs, thus creating bee pollen. Bee pollen is a special substance that can only be produced by nature.
Man-made pollen does not possess the same unique properties, even though it is chemically identical, as far as science can determine. When laboratory synthesized pollen is fed to bees, they die even though all of the known nutrients are present. Even with the latest technology, science cannot identify some of the special components that exist in bee pollen. These components are likely the same ones that hold the key to its powers.
Small doses effective against cancer in mice
A study published in the Journal of the National Cancer Institute in October 1948 demonstrated the effects of bee pollen on mice that were specifically bred to develop and die of cancerous tumors. The mice in the control group developed tumors as expected at an average age of 31.3 weeks.
The bee pollen group which was only fed one part bee pollen to 10,000 parts food had a delayed onset of tumors by 10 weeks which was statistically significant. In addition, seven mice from the bee pollen group still showed no signs of tumors at 56-62 weeks, when the tests were terminated. Unfortunately and inexplicably, the very promising line of research was dropped.
Improved physical performance
Bee pollen is used by many bodybuilders and Olympic athletes alike to increase strength, and endurance. The British Sports Council showed gains in strength of as much as 40 to 50 percent in people consuming bee pollen daily. Renowned German natural scientist, Francis Huber, has claimed that bee pollen is “the greatest ‘bodybuilder on earth.” One reason bee pollen is such an effective muscle builder is that it contains all 22 amino acids, half of which are free form. It is also effective in decreasing recovery times after workouts.
More fascinating facts about bee pollen
– Bee pollen is effective in combating cancer, diabetes, arthritis, depression and many other diseases
– It is effective in stimulating the metabolism which promotes increased energy and weight loss in those who are overweight
– Research has shown bee pollen to have a powerful antibacterial factor effective even against salmonella
– Bee pollen can normalize cholesterol and triglyceride levels
– It is known for slowing the aging process and can aid in cell regeneration
– It can be applied topically, which can improve with various skin conditions
– Bee pollen is a complete food with far greater amino acid concentrations than beef, milk, eggs or cheese
– It is rich in B vitamins
– Bee pollen contains many powerful antioxidants including lycopene, flavonoids, selenium, beta carotene and vitamins E and C
– It can provide a substantial boost to natural immunity levels
– One small teaspoon of bee pollen added regularly to a health shake or taken with a meal will have enormous health and well-being benefits
Source for Story: