On Friday, the National Institute of Standards and Technology announced its processes for developing data encryption standards will undergo internal and independent formal reviews, Modern Healthcare‘s “Vital Signs” reports. Continue reading
Sentara Healthcare in Chesapeake, Va., announced a two percent readmission rate for patients in its remote monitoring program, compared to a 15 percent readmission rate for the hospital at large.
Studies indicate that remote monitoring is useful for reducing readmissions in patients with single conditions that Continue reading
- Echinacea use reduces the incidence and duration of the common cold.
- Echinacea appears effective in preventing upper respiratory tract infections in children.
- Treatment with Echinacea Plus tea at early onset of cold or flu symptoms was effective for relieving these symptoms in a shorter period of time than a placebo.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu incidence in non-vaccinated individuals.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu symptom duration and severity.
- Daily dietary probiotic supplementation for Continue reading