Thanks to lax enforcement by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration (FDA) of regulations guiding the proper use of the word natural on food product labels, many organic pretender brands are now shamelessly using the trendy term to sell junk food disguised as healthy. But one organic advocacy group is trying to change this with a new awareness campaign, Continue reading
- A 2012 nutritional analysis of GMO versus non-GMO corn shows shocking differences in nutritional content. Non-GMO corn contains 437 times more calcium, 56 times more magnesium, and 7 times more manganese than GMO corn
- GMO corn was also found to contain 13 ppm of glyphosate, Continue reading
- Whole Foods has announced it will make labeling of genetically engineered (GE) ingredients mandatory in its American and Canadian stores by 2018. Many expect other retailers to follow suit
- About 20 major food companies, including Wal-Mart, recently gathered for a meeting in Washington to discuss potential lobbying for a national GMO labeling program
- The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) recently announced Continue reading
- One-year anniversary update on the progress and future plans of Consumers for Dental Choice. Since the inception of Health Liberty, Consumers for Dental Choice has won several victories on the local-, state-, and national level.
- Consumers for Dental Choice has partnered with Jeunes Volontaires pour Continue reading