A groundbreaking new study published in Pakistan Journal of Pharmaceutical Sciences has revealed that garlic is at least as effective as the blockbuster blood pressure lowering drug atenolol in reducing systolic and diastolic blood pressure in patients diagnosed with essential hypertension, a condition linked to the #1 cause of death in Continue reading
Persistent coughing, runny nose, stuffed up sinuses, headaches — these are among the many symptoms that can drag you down and leave you feeling helpless to make it through your day and fulfill your responsibilities when you catch a cold virus. But rather than reach for those chemical-laden cough syrups and mind-numbing antihistamines, why not instead Continue reading
Mainstream medicine lackeys are kind of like that annoying shopping cart with one bad wheel — they’re awfully loud, they’re frequently spinning in circles, and it takes them way too long to get anywhere.
And let’s face it — a big part of the problem is that drug companies typically would rather burn their cash in a trash fire than invest a nickel Continue reading
Most people have issues with bacterial or viral infections from time to time. Unnecessary antibiotics ARE dangerous! Antibiotics damage the integrity of the microbial balance in the gut. The healthy gut microflora is 70-80% of the immune system. Impaired immune systems are less effective at healing the body. Plant products have historically been consumed and utilized for their anti-microbial and health boosting benefits. Many plant materials are being researched for Continue reading
According to a recent review published in MedGenMed titled, “Vinegar: Medicinal Uses & Antiglycemic Effect,” which set out to examine the scientific evidence for the medicinal uses of vinegar, folklore concerning vinegar’s discovery stretch back to the very beginnings of recorded history:
Legend states that a courtier Continue reading
I wouldn’t say I’m over the hill yet — but I’ve definitely made the difficult transition from “floor model” to “antique.” And as I’ve added a small army of candles to my birthday cake, I’ve learned to take time to relax and smell the flowers.
But I can promise you this — if that flower is a butterbur, I plug my nose and keep walking. Continue reading
- Alzheimer’s disease is currently at epidemic proportions, with 5.4 million Americans—including one in eight people aged 65 and over—living with it. There is no known cure, and few truly effective treatments
- Research suggests Continue reading
Kids vitamins are supposed to be healthy, right? Well then, what’s going on Continue reading
The symptoms of Crohn’s are like a gastrointestinal nightmare — diarrhea, rectal bleeding, and Continue reading
The association between vision and diabetes is not too well-known, but it’s definitely one to be aware of. Diabetes is a disease primarily caused by insulin resistance, of course, but along with blood sugar problems, diabetes can also affect the retinas of the eyes. Diabetic retinopathy, as the condition is called, is the most common reason for blindness in American adults. Continue reading
- 535,000 US kids aged 1 to 5 years have blood lead levels higher than 5 micrograms per deciliter (µg/dL), the “level of concern” at which health problems may occur
- Lead may cause permanent damage to your brain and nervous system; children under 6 are most at risk for lead exposure and related health problems
- Common sources of lead exposure include lead-based paint, Continue reading
When it comes to depression, the mainstream would rather have you wait until the symptoms are there before doing something about it. But what if you could help to prevent depression from affecting your life, simply by adding a couple of essential vitamins to your diet?
“B vitamins linked to depression risk in older adults.” Continue reading
Your day-to-day life can eat up your time and attention so much so that certain aspects – such as your sex life – can get put on the back burner. Over time, your sex drive may begin to lag due to stress, exhaustion or Continue reading
- Whole Foods has announced it will make labeling of genetically engineered (GE) ingredients mandatory in its American and Canadian stores by 2018. Many expect other retailers to follow suit
- About 20 major food companies, including Wal-Mart, recently gathered for a meeting in Washington to discuss potential lobbying for a national GMO labeling program
- The Organic Consumers Association (OCA) recently announced Continue reading
Hot peppers are now at the medical community’s center of attention due to its promising benefits to the overall health and weight loss process, thanks to its natural compound called capsaicin. This substance works in so many different ways that can guarantee faster shedding of fat without compromising safety. Below are the 10 benefits of capsaicin for healthier weight loss. Continue reading