Coffee and tea are rich in beneficial antioxidants and other plant compounds that may boost your health
Exercise is essential if you want to be optimally healthy and happy, but a number of fitness myths may be holding you back from starting or maintaining a long-term exercise program
No matter what your age, Continue reading
People who ate at least 10 grams (1/3 oz) of nuts per day had an average 23 percent reduced risk of death due to cancer, diabetes, and respiratory and Continue reading
People who drank green tea one to six days a week had less mental decline and a lower risk of dementia than non-tea drinkers
The epigallocatechin-3-gallate (EGCG) in green tea is Continue reading
When you lose weight, you exhale 84 percent of the lost fat in the form of carbon dioxide. The remaining 16 percent is excreted as water via bodily fluids
By substituting one hour of sedentary lounging Continue reading
Many people joke about the sometimes embarrassing after-effects of consuming cabbage, but the truth is, this cruciferous vegetable can help your health tremendously. While red cabbage is known to have the highest levels of anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties over the other varieties (green and Savoy), Continue reading
that a simple seed used since Paleolithic times has astounding health benefits for weight loss, heart health, vision, and anti-aging? Most modern people don’t recognize the seeds of pine cones as a superfood, but our Paleolithic ancestors certainly may have—they relied on these seeds Continue reading
A large-scale, 30-year long study found that people who regularly ate one ounce of nuts at least seven times per week were 20 percent less likely to die for any reason, compared to those who avoided nuts in their diet
Eating nuts at least Continue reading
You’ve heard for decades about the dangers of high cholesterol, but did you know that LOW cholesterol can lead to violence towards self and other, and has been linked to premature aging, death and other adverse health effects?
In a world gone mad with anti-cholesterol anxiety, and where gobbling down pharmaceuticals designed Continue reading
Despite the name, pine nuts are actually not nuts at all but the seeds of the pine cone. They have been a popular source of nutrition since paleolithic times and are used to add the delicious flavor and texture to pesto sauce. The following are six amazing health benefits associated with pine nuts. Continue reading
An exciting new study published in the journal Evidence-Based Complementary and Alternative Medicine confirms the power of a simple dietary change in improving memory problems in middle-aged and older adults.
Thirty-two subjects with self-reported memory complaints were randomly assigned to drink 8 ounces of either pomegranate juice or a flavor-matched placebo drink for 4 weeks, Continue reading
The research comes from the Department of Nutrition of Denmark’s West Jutland Regional Hospital. The researchers tested fruit consumption on 63 men and women who had been recently diagnosed with type 2 diabetes. The researchers randomized the participants into two groups. Continue reading
Proper nutrition has a lot of benefits. It can help fight disease, improve overall health, and keep your internal organs functioning efficiently, while giving you the required energy to get through your day.
We all know about the obesity problem in this country and it obviously ties to nutrition. The problem many have, however, is deciding what approach to weight loss and nutrition they should take. Continue reading
Most milk substitutes such as soy milk, almond milk, hemp milk, etc. are thought to be good alternatives to whole milk, especially for lactose intolerant people. These ‘milks’ come in different flavors, and their packaging gives us the distinct impression that drinking alternative milks promises to create lasting health. Milk alternatives even taste divine. However, some of them contain carrageenan, Continue reading
Vitamin P – Pleasure – is a vital element that makes our meals nutritionally complete and makes life worth living. Like all organisms on the planet, we humans are genetically programmed to seek pleasure and avoid pain. Continue reading