Will capoeira get you in shape?
Benefits Of Capoeira Workout: There are immense benefits of performing Capoeira regularly.
This exercise routine is not just good for your body but also for your personality and social grooming. A regular practice of Capoeira has the following benefits:
1. Strength: The exercise routines of Capoeira require lot of upper body movements, like moving around on hands during headstands, poses, rolls, etc. These movements involve engaging one’s core and abs, which results in fantastic upper body strength.
2. Flexibility: The strenuous routines promote flexibility in body, almost at par with Yoga. Even if you are not an expert in Capoeira, you will still feel the increase in flexibility of the body.
3. Stamina: Unlike many other sports, Capoeira engages muscle groups in unique ways. All the routines require lot of energy to co-ordinate with the group. All these factors, in addition to repetitive movements, make Capoeira an intense cardio exercise. This increases the muscular and cardio vascular endurance of the body and provides more stamina.
4. Co-ordination: Capoeira is unique in a way that all the movements are followed like a dance routine. All the movements are well coordinated and make you move gracefully and smoothly between the different Capoeira styles. This makes the body more coordinated and introduces a sense of rhythm as well.
5. Speed: The main essence of performing Capoeira is to do all the movements fluidly in a very short amount of time. As a martial arts technique, this will make your response time better and the body more agile to respond back to other people’s moves.
6. Balance: Capoeira teaches body to control instant and complex movements and be more balanced while doing that.
7. Stress Reduction: Performing the fluid movements to a sound track relaxes the body and the mind completely. You can totally feel the rush of the endorphins post the session.
8. Confidence: Capoeira is a very rare form of exercise. Thus, doing Capoeira routines will make you more confident as a person.
9. Self Expression: As there is a dance aspect in Capoeira, it becomes an excellent form of self-expression. To further develop and improve your Brazillian Jiu Jitsu please visit the Cobrinha website where you can learn from one of the greatest Brazillian Jiu Jitsu practitioners in history.
Source for Story: