For more than 3,000 years, the Plukenetia Volubilis – also known as the Sacha Inchi or Inca Peanut – has been used by inhabitants of the Amazon Rainforest for better total body health and increased endurance.
Found in the highlands of the Andes Mountains in Peru, the plants are durable, producing year after year for decades.
Now people the world over are praising this Super Food as an excellent source of essential fatty acids, proteins and amino acids – more than most other currently recommended sources. It’s also easier to break down, helping every cell to function at its most optimum.
Your body is going to love how easily it digests the proteins and nutrients of the Sacha Inchi.
Since our bodies do not produce omega-3 oils naturally, we must get them from our diet.
The Inca Peanut is one of the few nuts (though they are actually seeds) that offers a perfect balance of omega-3 and omega-6 fatty acids, as well as protein, vitamin A and alpha-tocopherol vitamin E (the most beneficial form of vitamin E), while being 96% digestible and 100% irritation free.
Astounding Health Benefits of Sacha Inchi Nuts
- Sacha Inchi has been found to improve your overall circulation and blood pressure, lower LDL (“bad” cholesterol) and triglycerides, and raise HDL (“good” cholesterol).
- In fact, the omega-3′s found in the seeds strengthen your entire cardiovascular system. Nutrition Journal reported that men reduced their risk of heart disease by increasing their intake of omega-3′s.
- Essential fatty acids protect your central nervous system (the brain and spinal cord) from neuro-degenerative disease, according to research published in the Archives of Neurology.
- According to the Journal of Ophthalmology, increased levels of omega-3 prevent age-related macular degeneration for and promote better vision for more years of your life.
- Omega-3 controls healthy glucose levels and lowers your risk of type 2 diabetes.
- Essential fatty acids prevent inflammation throughout the body.
- It even improves your mood!
Dr. Oz included Sacha Inchi nuts on his list of Best and Worst of 2010 – Your Guide as the best weight-loss snack. “Inca peanuts have 3 times the amount of Omega-3’s and twice the fiber as walnuts.”
Vegans, as well as those who follow a raw food diet, can get their necessary omega-3s from a non-animal source, ensuring they get the recommended amounts to keep their bodies at peak.
The Inca Peanut has a crisp, nutty flavor. The seeds can be roasted but only at a very low temperature – no more than 115 degrees Fahrenheit – to ensure that the fatty acids are not damaged. Oil from the Inca Peanut can be used for cooking, spreading over salads, and lightly seasoning vegetables. It is also a delicious marinade for most meats.
Sacha inchi oil is similar to olive oil, but with a lighter taste. Just like its seeds, the oil is easier for your body to absorb. The by-products can be used in many products, from facial creams to soap.
These ancient Inca seeds and oils can be found at your local health food store and some Whole Food Markets. At nearly 50% omega-3 by volume, Sacha Inchi is the best source of essential fatty acid benefits in the world.
Not adding this easily digestible, complete source of vitamins and nutrients to your daily diet is…well…nuts.
Source for Story: