There are many naturopathic doctors and health practitioners that regard bee pollen as nature’s “fountain of youth” because of its amazing health benefits, age reversing, disease-fighting, and health-boosting effects… and super nutritional properties.
Bee pollen is a fine powdery substance collected by honeybees from the stamens of flowering plants, and stored in honeycomb hives. It is regarded by many as a highly nutritious and complete food — one which contains a rich supply of the B-complex vitamins and folic acid, vitamins A, C, E, carotenoids, amino acids, some essential fatty acids, and a wide variety of minerals.
Some nutritionists even insist that one can live on bee pollen alone. This must be one reason why 10,000 tonsof bee pollen is consumed every year by people all over the world.
Bee pollen’s medicinal use dates back to the early Chinese and Egyptian societies where it was used for its near-miraculous ability to rejuvenate and heal. Bee pollen was often entombed with Pharaohs. The Romans and Greeks called bee pollen “the life-giving dust”.
Even Hippocrates — the physician who is recognized as the father of modern-day medicine and one of the most authoritative figures in the history of medicine — favored bee pollen as a natural medicinal solution over 2,500 years ago.
In 1975, Dr. Naum Petrovich, chief scientist at the Soviet Academy in Vladivostok, said, “Long lives are attained by bee-pollen users; it is one of the original treasure-houses of nutrition and medicine. Each grain contains every important substance that is necessary to life.”
Bee pollen has been used for everything from cancer to weight management.
Partial List of Bee Pollen Therapeutic Benefits
- Slows down and even reverses the aging process
- Super boosts the immune system
- Prevents and inhibits the growth of mutated cells that lead to diseases such as cancer
- Its plant sterols and essential fatty acids reduces cholesterol, blood pressure, and the risk of heart disease
- Relieves the symptoms of Type 2 diabetes by restoring mineral and energy deficiencies
- Fights bacterial infection the way antibiotics do
- Corrects and balances problems in the digestive tract and colon
- Supports weight management by increasing the burn rate of fats and calories
- Alleviates asthma and allergy symptoms by reducing histamines within the body
- Eliminates cravings for alcohol and drugs — and removes toxins and contamination from the body
- Relieves and rebuilds damaged, inflamed tissue (muscles and joints) through its extraordinary levels of antioxidants
- Combats fatigue, depression, and sleep disorders through its natural supply of “neuro-nutrients”
- Improves libido balance (oversexed/undersexed) and enhances fertility
- Facilitates cellular generation and repair, thereby shortening the recovery time from exercise and injury
- Its protein, iron, and vitamin content, which is higher than any other food and most commercially-developed muscle-building products, enhances muscle mass and definition.
Bee pollen reaches the mitochondrion level (where cell energy production and preservation occur), and this gives it the ability to fight disease, heal the body, combat stress, reduce and reverse aging, and improve the skin’s health and elasticity (e.g. less wrinkling and acne), to name a few.
Studies have confirmed bee pollen’s life-prolonging, as well as its powerful antibiotic, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties.
When taken internally, it has been shown to immediately destroy dangerous bacteria that cause infection and disease, and it has also been proven to prevent the growth of cancer cells. World-Class Athletes Use Bee Pollen as a “Legal Sports Enhancer”.
Bee pollen has long been known to consistently produce more energy, vigor, and physical and athletic stamina in people who consume bee pollen as part of their daily diet. Athletes regard it as the legal sports enhancer. That’s because bee pollen contains as much as 40% protein, as well as all 22 amino acids.
With almost twice the amount of protein in beef, twice as much iron than any other food, and substantial amounts of highly-absorbable vitamins and minerals, thousands of world-class athletes take bee pollen as their competitive advantage.
The British Sports Counsel saw a 40% – 50% increase in strength of every athlete who took bee pollen regularly. Antti Lananki, who was the coach of the Finnish track team that swept the 1972 Olympics, told reporters that, “Most of our athletes take pollen food supplements. Our studies show that it significantly improves their performance. There have been no negative results since we have been supplying pollen to our athletes.”
Most people who first start taking bee pollen experience a significant increase in energy and a greater sense of well-being immediately. Many have reported that over time, regular use helps alleviate various health disorders and retard the aging process.
The dosage recommended by many health practitioners for best results is between 500 to 1,000 milligrams a day. If you suffer from allergies, it is advisable to buy local bee pollen so that your body will build a defense to plants and allergens in your area.
Bee pollen can be taken in liquid form (extract or tea), capsule, chewable tablet, or as granules or powder that you mix into your food or drink. The taste is agreeable to most people — some say it’s slightly sweet and has a nut-like flavor, and others say it tastes like flour and honey mixed together.
Granules are the most recommended form of bee pollen, and many users start by taking 1 teaspoon a half hour before breakfast — with water, juice or milk — and gradually work up to two teaspoons a day.
Children begin taking 3 granules and add 2 granules per day to reach a maximum of ½ teaspoon daily.
Over 40 clinical trials show bee pollen to be a safe, powerful food supplement for all ages, including children, teens, and pregnant or nursing women. People who are allergic to bee stings, however, are likely to be allergic to bee pollen.
Try a tiny amount on your skin or the tip of your tongue first to see if there is any reaction. Otherwise, happy buzzing!
Source for Story: