Most of us have seen the Top 10 lists of why we should be drinking lemon water. But do we really know the added vitality and cleansing effects on the body lemon water provides? Continue reading
Retrain Your Brain How to Smell Again
- Loss of sense of smell, a condition known as anosmia, is a common symptom of COVID-19 and also can be caused by aging, vitamin D deficiency, certain medications, diabetes, certain viral illnesses and many neurological conditions
- The olfactory system is highly responsive to training; in one study, a 12-week smell training session significantly increased the sensitivity to detect odors in those with anosmia
- The basis for smell training is that using a neural pathway, such as that used by your olfactory nerve cells, reinforces and strengthens it
- To try it, all you need is four different fragrances, such as rose, lemon, clove and eucalyptus essential oils
- Actively sniff each scent for about 20 seconds a couple of times a day, such as immediately after waking up and before going to bed; be sure focus your concentration on the scent while you’re sniffing, trying to recall your experience of the scent
A simple, fun, beeswax and essential oil recipe!
I love making natural beeswax candles with essential oils for my friends!
Beeswax candles scented with real essential oils make the perfect gifts.
Natural beeswax candles have no synthetic ingredients that can cause negative reactions. In this recipe, we’re using pure essential oils (no thanks to artificial fragrances!), so they’re even gentler. They’re great options for people with sensitivities.
Or you can leave out the essential oils altogether, and just make unscented beeswax candles. If you use very pure beeswax, your candles will smell like honey!
Moisturize and Protect: DIY Essential Oil Immune Support Hand Lotion!
Are people in the office sniffling and sneezing? Continue reading
Acupuncture and Chinese Herbs, help keep our Immune Systems Strong, but adding essential oils like Pine, Tea Tree, Rosemary, Eucalyptus and Lemon will prove to be invaluable. Continue reading