Latinos Finally Have Access to Telemedicine Continue reading
A study published in the journal Pediatrics raises concern over the use of the term “natural” to describe breastfeeding, even though the weight of evidence (and common sense) indicates prioritizing breastfeeding over man-made formulas or vaccines is the best way to protect your child and the mother’s health. Continue reading
- Dr. Matthew Cook, a regenerative medicine specialist and founder of BioReset Medical in Campbell, California, offers several novel therapies, including NAD supplementation, hyperbaric oxygen therapy and hydrodissection
- NAD+ is a vital coenzyme found in all living cells. It’s essential for over 700 enzymatic reactions in your body, including ones occurring in your mitochondria. Without sufficient NAD, you’re likely to die prematurely
- A side effect of rapid NAD IV infusion is a flush-like experience similar to that of niacin. This is likely an effect of methyl depletion, and can be circumvented by taking a methyl donor such as glycine or trimethylglycine
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy appears to have significant antiaging benefits; it’s a potent anti-inflammatory that removes senescent cells and increases stem cell activation. It can also improve cognitive function, and help optimize cellular oxygenation and nutrient uptake
- Hydrodissection involves injecting a substance such as 5% dextrose, placental matrix, stem cells, platelet-rich plasma or fat around nerves, thereby treating many different kinds of nerve pain. Back pain can also be treated this way
Don’t let rheumatoid arthritis get you down. There are many natural ways to manage the pain of inflamed joints without resorting to pharmaceutical drugs. Continue reading
Microwave ovens are handy I know.
They are small, cheap and very versatile.
You can cook a meal in seconds.
You can take food out of the deep freeze and in minutes it’s ready to eat.
Those are the advantages.
But what about the disadvantages? What about the dangers of using a microwave oven? That’s something we hear less about…. Continue reading
No matter what you do in terms of choosing a cancer treatment you need to start treating yourself at home. Even if you plan on going away to the best clinic in the world, as you prepare for your trip you need to start taking care of yourself and continue when you get home. Failure to understand this could mean the difference between life and death. Continue reading
(Detroit) – The nurse at the hospital assured Jose Aquila that if he returns tomorrow, they will have a Spanish speaking interpreter or maybe even a Latin care provider. With Spanish as the second most spoken language in the country, it’s not hard to understand Mr. Aguila’s confusion and frustration at being turned away from health care because of language.
- Sepsis is a last-ditch effort by your immune system to fight an infection in your body; it can lead to multiple organ failure and death unless promptly treated
- While viruses, fungi and parasites all have the ability to trigger sepsis, bacterial infections are the most common cause. The most common types of infection triggering sepsis are respiratory and urinary tract infections
- Each year, an estimated 1 million Americans get sepsis and up to half of them die as a result. The reason for its high mortality rate is because sepsis is often overlooked; many are unfamiliar with its signs and symptoms. It’s also notoriously difficult to treat
- In 2017, a critical care physician announced the discovery of a simple and inexpensive way to treat sepsis using an intravenous cocktail of vitamin C and thiamine in combination with hydrocortisone
- A 2019 study using vitamin C only found it lowered mortality risk in patients with severe sepsis, and reduced the number of days spent in intensive care and overall hospital stay
- Since 1961, the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) has recommended that all newborns receive a vitamin K1 injection to prevent vitamin K deficiency bleeding (VKDB), which can be life-threatening
- Parental refusal of the vitamin K1 injection for their newborn is on the rise, and one study found a correlation between vitamin K1 shot refusal and subsequent vaccine avoidance
- Children who did not receive the vitamin K shot at birth were also 14.6 times more likely to be unvaccinated at the age of 15 months. The findings were said to offer a means to identify “high-risk” parents that will be prone to not vaccinating their children
- Parents have had their newborn babies taken from them simply because they declined the vitamin K injection. Several Illinois families have filed a class-action lawsuit against local hospitals, the AAP, the DCFS and several pediatricians
- The vitamin K1 injection presents unnecessary and avoidable risks. A safe and effective noninvasive way to avoid VKDB is to administer multiple doses of oral vitamin K1
If you are one of the estimated 40 million US-women who are aged 51 and older–past the average age of natural menopause–you may be considering hormone replacement therapy, or HRT, to maintain youthful vigor, as well as ward-off the hazards of brittle bones and heart disease. Did you know that a nutrient in fermented soy foods has been clinically-proven to put bone drugs to shame, with no negative side effects? Continue reading