Early cataract formation can be reversed or halted. Therefore the quicker cataracts can be identified and treated the better. Once cataracts are too far advanced for nutritional intervention, surgery is a must. Unfortunately, well-formed cataracts or excessive damage to the lens is near impossible to reverse.
If a cataract is diagnosed in the early stages, you should work with an eye doctor who is willing to design a nutritional and lifestyle program that will reverse the problem, if your eye doctor is not interested in nutritional intervention, find a doctor who is.
Avoid smoking and wear protective sunglasses or eyewear when exposed to UV light or the sun. Avoid fried food and a diet heavy in saturated fats.
Cure Cataracts with Diet
- It is important that take spirulina and eat a diet rich in antioxidants from fruit and vegetables.
- Berries, carrots, capsicum, citrus fruits, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes, corn, kale, and all red and yellow pigment fruits, vegetables and legumes have colorful pigments that contain antioxidants which are critical to protecting and restoring vision.
- Diabetics should avoid sugar in all its forms as well as dairy products because they contain lactose (a type of sugar known as galactose and glucose).
Cure Cataracts with Supplements
For early stage cataracts the following supplements are recommended:
- Antioxidants such as Evening Primrose Seed husk, Green tea, Grape Seed, Pine Bark, Beta Carotene, Vitamins E, A and C,
- Minerals such as (Zinc, Selenium, Manganese)
- Melatonin is a prescriptive synthetic hormone of the pineal gland that has been shown to inhibit formation of cataracts, act as an antioxidant and also help insomnia by regulating the sleep-wake cycle.
Cure Cataracts with Herbs
- Bilberry, Ginkgo and both have special compounds that protect the eye lens and eye capillaries, and reduce cataract formation.
- Bilberry extract and Ginkgo