Slow down, you eat too fast!
It takes 20 minutes for our stomach to tell our brains that we are full. If we eat fast, we can eat way past what we need. This causes us to be overweight, develop chronic health problems and reduce our quality and quantity of life.
Slow down using this “Fork Down!” technique that has helped many people. You may even notice yourself tasting your food, enjoying it more and losing weight.
- Put food in your mouth.
- Put your fork, spoon, or chopsticks on the table.
- Release your fork, spoon or chopsticks from your hand.
- Chew your food. Chew it well. Pay attention to taste and texture.
- Empty your mouth.
- Pick up your fork and reload it with food. (Do not do step six until your mouth is 100% empty.)
- Continue the technique through the whole meal. Notice if your eating time increases. Notice too if you naturally eat less.