Researchers from different universities in Taiwan comprehensively analyzed the effects of body acupuncture therapy in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD). Their findings were published in the journal Complementary Therapies in Clinical Practice. Continue reading
Sprouts are one of the healthiest foods you can introduce to your diet. Many sprouts are nutritional powerhouses that offer various health benefits linked to immunity, metabolism and cardiovascular health. Continue reading
The National Anthropology Museum and Palace of Fine Arts are among those offering online tours Continue reading
- The coronavirus vaccine may be the first genetically engineered messenger RNA vaccine to be fast tracked to licensure
- The FDA has not yet licensed messenger RNA vaccines that use part of the RNA of a virus to manipulate the body’s immune system into stimulating a potent immune response
- There likely will be lots of questions about whether the fast-tracked coronavirus vaccine was studied long enough to adequately demonstrate safety
- The U.S. Centers for Disease Control and Prevention’s (CDC) Advisory Committee on Immunization Practices (ACIP) may recommend that all Americans get the newly licensed coronavirus vaccine
- The government has a National Vaccine Plan designed to make sure you, your child and everyone in America gets every dose of every vaccine that government officials recommend now and in the future
Cold and flu season are right around the corner, and with it we can expect lots of advertisements for flu vaccines.
I’ve written extensively on the dangers of flu vaccines before, and the fact that they simply do not work—according to the scientific evidence.
So here’s a timely review of what you can do to protect yourself and your family from colds and any type of flu this season, and in years to come.
What Causes Colds and Influenzas? Continue reading
How Pressing Specific Points on Your Outer Ear Can Help You Stop Smoking … Eliminate Pain … Shed Excess Weight … Quit the Alcohol Habit …and Heal over 350 Diseases Continue reading
- Research suggests that were people to more frequently wash their hands during travel, the risk of pandemic infection could be reduced by 24% to 69%
- Increasing the hand-washing rate at just 10 key airports with the highest infection spread rate could reduce the risk of a pandemic by as much as 37%
- Frequently washing your hands during influenza season and other pandemic outbreaks is a crucial safety measure. Habituated face-touching is a vector for self-inoculation and transmission of infectious diseases, and most people touch their face an average of 23 times per hour
- It’s important to wash your hands frequently for at least 20 seconds, using soap and water. Only when soap and water are unavailable is alcohol-based hand sanitizer recommended, as soap eliminates viruses more effectively
- Soap very effectively destroys most viruses, including COVID-19. Soap dissolves the fatty membrane that holds the virus together. As the virus falls apart, it is rendered harmless and can easily be washed off under running water
Respiratory problems are a huge concern right now as coronavirus plagues the world, so it is a good time to get acquainted with the cubeb pepper plant. Used for thousands of years in Ayurvedic medicine to address respiratory infections, its list of health benefits is lengthy and impressive. Continue reading
When disaster strikes, nobody really knows how events would play out. When everything you’ve come to know turns upside down and you just want to get through the disaster alive, personal hygiene will usually be the last thing on your mind. However, cleanliness shouldn’t be overlooked even in the direst of situations. After all, personal hygiene is imperative to good health. Here’s what you need to know about keeping yourself clean in the wake of a disaster. (h/t to ModernSurvivalOnline.com) Continue reading
As the U.S. struggles to contain the coronavirus, shoppers throughout the country seem hell-bent on one thing: Buying toilet paper. Continue reading
High temperatures have been used to destroy tumor cells through a treatment known as Hypothermic Oncology. Hyperthermia is an old treatment yet new tools and more precise delivery of heat has allowed hypothermia to be used for cancer treatment. Though rarely used, recent research is suggesting it be used by oncologists with every patient because of its immune stimulating effect. Continue reading
Tear gas, pepper spray and other airborne crowd control elements can enter the air in your neighborhood at any moment, especially if government crackdowns on certain freedoms continue and escalate into rioting and civil unrest. You may need a gas mask. Continue reading