Tinnitus is a buzzing or ringing in the ears that has become a chronic nightmare for millions of Americans, causing undue stress, trouble working and even sleeplessness. Research explores yoga — an age-old practice proven as a stress buster — as a sound option to help address the stress-related psychological symptoms that come with tinnitus Continue reading
Don’t let rheumatoid arthritis get you down. There are many natural ways to manage the pain of inflamed joints without resorting to pharmaceutical drugs. Continue reading
- The inappropriate treatment approach to back pain and post-surgical pain from tonsillectomies and wisdom teeth removal are driving forces behind the opioid epidemic
- Insurance claims data reveal 60% of children between the ages of 1 and 18 with private insurance fill one or more opioid prescriptions after surgical tonsil removal. Dentists wrote 18.1 million prescriptions for opioids in 2017
- Research shows opioids (including morphine, Vicodin, oxycodone and fentanyl) fail to control moderate to severe pain any better than over-the-counter drugs such as acetaminophen, ibuprofen and naproxen
- The American College of Physicians’ guideline for low back pain call for the use of heat, massage, acupuncture or chiropractic adjustments as first-line treatments. When drugs are desired, nonsteroidal anti-inflammatory drugs or muscle relaxants should be used
- While clinical practice guidelines call for nonpharmacological intervention for back pain, most insurance plans avoid paying for such treatments, favoring opioid treatment instead
Here are five natural heartburn remedies that went head to head with drugs and won. Continue reading
Story at-a-glance −
“OxyContin: Time Bomb” tells the story of how this painkiller became the most widely prescribed, abused, and profitable narcotic in history Continue reading
Narcotic painkillers are a driving force in the rise of substance abuse and lethal overdoses
In 2012, 259 million prescriptions for opioids and other narcotic painkillers were written in the US; 46 people die Continue reading
Compelling reasons to stop smoking far outnumber effective ways to do so. Even with recent revelations that tobacco is contaminated with the highly carcinogenic radioisotope polonium-210, the addictive hold it maintains on millions of smokers worldwide who already know it causes premature death and cancer is far more powerful than the desire for self-preservation, Continue reading
- 535,000 US kids aged 1 to 5 years have blood lead levels higher than 5 micrograms per deciliter (µg/dL), the “level of concern” at which health problems may occur
- Lead may cause permanent damage to your brain and nervous system; children under 6 are most at risk for lead exposure and related health problems
- Common sources of lead exposure include lead-based paint, Continue reading
Well, the good news is that spring is in the air. The bad news is that pollen is too.
If you suffer from seasonal allergies like me, you know what a drag they can be. Instead of spending your spring smelling the roses, you spend it sifting through a medicine cabinet full of nasty nasal sprays and Continue reading
Discover the free, 100% safe therapy that unlocks your
body’s own “prescription” to heal itself… and
that can be learned in only minutes
It may surprise you to know that around the world, medical practitioners and individuals are benefiting from a free, scientifically based and self-administered healing technique that can be learned and used safely at home by anyone.
This powerful treatment can Continue reading
After receiving steroid injections for back pain, 34 people died and nearly 500 were injured due to a terrifying outbreak of fungal meningitis. The outbreak was traced to the pharmacy that made the tainted products. Continue reading
Since colitis is a common and frustrating disease, it’s no surprise that Traditional Chinese Medicine has developed techniques to handle it. The cause of this inflammatory bowel disease is not fully known, but there are established Chinese healing secrets to help you deal with it.
Similar to Crohn’s disease, Continue reading
The canine lifespan seems too short, doesn’t it?
By the time a large breed dog is 10 years old, he’s considered retirement age in human years. Giant breeds age fastest of all, Continue reading
Did you know…that an alternative, needle-free kind of acupuncture can cure chronic pain and ensure good health by optimizing circulation?
An Eastern acupuncture therapy called fire cupping may sound like medieval alchemy, but it is actually quick…painless…and extraordinarily effective for a range of health conditions, including severe muscle stiffness Continue reading
In Traditional Chinese Medicine, there are “acupoints” that are used in acupuncture to help treat an ailing body. These acupoints are the target of an effective therapy that has been found to help diabetics Continue reading