- Echinacea use reduces the incidence and duration of the common cold.
- Echinacea appears effective in preventing upper respiratory tract infections in children.
- Treatment with Echinacea Plus tea at early onset of cold or flu symptoms was effective for relieving these symptoms in a shorter period of time than a placebo.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu incidence in non-vaccinated individuals.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu symptom duration and severity.
- Daily dietary probiotic supplementation for Continue reading
For those suffering from irritable bowel syndrome (IBS), good news is often in short supply. Symptoms can be a nagging presence every day, with stomach pains and problems with constipation or diarrhea. It can also be somewhat tricky to treat IBS. Prescription meds don’t always help and sometimes they add prescription side effects on top of everything else. Well, here’s some side- effect free relief discovered by Australian researchers: slippery elm and licorice root. Continue reading