Behind every vaccine is an assumption. That HPV causes cervical cancer, that cervical cancer causes death, and that a vaccine can effectively interfere with this linear relationship is the assumption to be examined in this article. Cervarix is a vaccine recommended to girls beginning as early as 9 years old, intended to protect against HPV strains 16 and 18 upon completion of a 3 dose series. It is an aluminum-containing product, with notable “immunogenicity”. Continue reading
Did you know…that the common bay leaf has powerful benefits for diabetes, heart health, and more?
Frequently found in kitchen cabinets, and well-known to any fan of Italian cuisine, the common bay leaf uses may soon be granted much-deserved recognition for its powerful health benefits.
In ancient Greece and Rome, glossy bay leaves (Laurus nobilis) were woven Continue reading
There are many health benefits of green tea that require further investigation. That said, preliminary evidence suggests that drinking green tea may have the following influences on your body:
- Reduction in the risk of type 2 diabetes
- Increase in the density of your bones, helping prevent osteoporosis
- Reduction of stress
- Protection of skin from UV radiation
- Treatment of human papillomavirus cervical lesions
- Prevention of both cold and flu
- Improvement of cognitive function
- Strengthening of your gums and prevention of gum disease
- Increase in blood pressure in older adults who suffer from hypotension
- Treatment of genital warts