Welcome to Top 10 Ways To Get Healthy Naturally by Dr. Sten Ekberg; a series where I try to tackle the most important health issues of the day in a natural and safe way. Continue reading
Tag Archives: berries
25 Cancer Stem Cell Killing Foods Smarter Than Chemo & Radiation
7 of the best foods for detoxing the kidneys
Source for Story: Continue reading
3 Musts for Pregnant Women During the Coronavirus Pandemic
It’s pretty scary for everyone during this time of COVID-19, and doubly so for moms-to-be. Continue reading
Edibles in plain sight: 15 Common wild plants that are safe to eat
When you’re in the wild, the usual food sources may no longer be available. You’ll need to find your own food through hunting or foraging. These skills rely greatly on your knowledge of which foods you can eat. (h/t to AskAPrepper.com) Continue reading
Top anti-inflammatory foods and supplements
- Chronic inflammation is a hallmark of virtually all disease, including cancer, obesity and heart disease. Your diet plays a significant if not primary role as it can either trigger or prevent inflammation
- Leafy greens, berries and mushrooms are potent anti-inflammatory foods. People with autoimmune diseases may want to limit vegetables high in lectins, though, as they may cause more problems than they solve
- Traditionally fermented and cultured foods are anti-inflammatory staples that work their “magic” by optimizing your gut flora. Examples include kefir, yogurt, natto, kimchee, miso, tempeh, pickles, sauerkraut, olives and other fermented vegetables
- Marine-based omega-3 fats found in fatty cold-water fish that are low in environmental toxins are important anti-inflammatories that are particularly crucial for brain and heart health
- Other anti-inflammatory foods and supplements include green tea, spices such as cloves, ginger, rosemary and turmeric, herbal remedies such as white willow bark, maritime pine bark and Cat’s claw, and supplements such as resveratrol, curcumin, capsaicin, vitamin D, zinc and SAM-e
The Incredible Health Benefits of Berries
How can one food group offer so many incredible health benefits, from preventing heart attack, stroke and dementia to protecting you from the flu? The answer is phytonutrients, and berries are simply loaded. Reading this “berry primer” will have you snatching them by the handfuls.
Top Foods to Eat When You’re Pregnant
Story at-a-glance −
If you’re pregnant or planning to be, focus on minimizing processed foods while increasing your intake of vegetables, healthy fats, and high-quality sources of protein Continue reading
My Top Five Superfoods
Seasonal change brings a bounty of beautiful fruits and vegetables, but a few botanical powerhouses stand out for their exceptional nutrition
Tomatoes, avocados, berries, cucumbers, and leafy greens top my list for overall health benefits, Continue reading
The Double-Edged Sword of Constipation
Constipation is uncomfortable-physically and even just talking about it. Let’s just say it’s not high on the list of topics people want to discuss. It is, however, a problem that 63 million Americans will encounter.
The problem is exacerbated for seniors, who often experience higher rates of constipation. Continue reading
Berries Dramatically Slash Heart Attack Risk
Imagine how excited Big Pharma executives would be if they could come up with a drug that could slash women’s risk of heart attacks by one-third. To top it off, what if this prescription could be conveniently taken three times a week and — as an added bonus — what if the medicine tasted great and had no side effects? Drug makers would have doctors pushing these pills as a “miracle drug” and Big Pharma would Continue reading
Beat Eczema Naturally
Eczema is known as a chronic dermatological condition that is characterized by skin rashes, dryness, crusting and flaking skin. Research indicates that eczema is caused by chronic inflammation that affects the skin cells and causes scarring. Natural lifestyle strategies allow the body to de-inflame and beat eczema. Continue reading
Antioxidants from Food – The Five Best Sources
Cells need oxygen to metabolize minerals and vitamins to survive and thrive. When cells cannot use oxygen to metabolize, they resort to fermenting glucose for their energy.
That’s what cancer cells are about. That’s why anything that oxygenates cells works to cure cancer, and that’s why cancer patients should avoid sugar.
The paradox of cellular oxidation Continue reading
Natural Strategies to Beat Multiple Sclerosis
Multiple sclerosis (MS) is a chronic inflammatory disease in which the myelin sheath on the nerve endings gets inflamed and damaged. This leads to scarring of the neurological tissue in the brain and spinal cord. While the medical model has very little support, many individuals have found ways to beat multiple sclerosis with natural lifestyle strategies.
MS is a condition Continue reading
Which Foods Are Best for the Brain?
Diet is inextricably linked to conditions such as heart disease, obesity, and diabetes. However, what we consume also seems to have significant implications for the brain: Unhealthy diets may increase risk for psychiatric and neurologic conditions, such as depression and dementia, whereas healthy diets may be protective. Continue reading