This documentary explores the truth behind some of today’s most widely-accepted medical practices, and seeks to expose how the focus on corporate profits influences traditional medical treatment in the United States. Continue reading
Ayurveda explains that the root cause of any disease is the accumulation of toxins in the body, whether it’s excess weight, high blood pressure, diabetes, cholesterol, asthma, PCOD, stones, cysts, or any other chronic disease. No disease can survive in a body that is clean internally. This video explains three powerful methods to remove these toxins, cleanse your body and consequently, lose weight, cure disease, have clearer skin and greater energy. Continue reading
Tomatoes are one of the best sources of potent antioxidants, such as lycopene and vitamin C. Lycopene is known for its anti- inflammatory properties, while vitamin Cis known for its immune boosting effects. one of the health benefits of tomatoes has to do with heart health.
According to a study published in the journal Foood Science&Nutrition, drinking unsalted tomato juice regularly can help lower your risk of heart disease
Source for Story:
- Cholesterol, the soft, waxy substance found in every cell in your body, is used to produce several of your body’s vital functions, including hormones and vitamin D. High cholesterol is now recognized for its link to longer life
- Faulty science says your total cholesterol is not a gauge of your heart disease risk, because when your levels are measured, elevated levels called triglycerides are also taken into account
- Found in every cell of your body, cholesterol is used to produce several of your body’s vital functions, including those that involve hormones and vitamin D
- Studies show a contrary or inverse link between all-cause mortality and total cholesterol levels; in other words, mortality is highest when your cholesterol is low, without exception
- Considering the false information on cholesterol, continued prescriptions for statins, and the potentially devastating side effects they cause, it’s clear why researchers are calling for a paradigm shift in the way cholesterol is treated
Raisins are one of the most well known and versatile dried fruits available today. Raisins were produced in Persia and Egypt and were even mentioned in the Old Testament. It is not only tasty additions to cookies and cakes, but also provide several health benefits.
Raisins are especially good for Continue reading
Earwax is a self-cleaning agent for your ears where it helps slow the growth of bacteria and prevent dirt from entering your ear Continue reading
Exercise is a foundational strategy to naturally maintain healthy cholesterol levels and optimize your heart health. However, research now shows that if you take a statin drug, you’re likely to forfeit any and all health benefits of your exercise
Volunteers taking a statin improved their fitness by just 1.5 percent, Continue reading
An exciting new study out of Penn State shows that one delicious nut may help you crunch your way to lower cholesterol and a healthier heart.
And here’s the best part — this noble nut is jam-packed with heart-protecting fatty acids that go to work protecting your ticker in MINUTES, not days! Continue reading
Did You Know…
…this plant extract can treat the deadliest kind of skin cancer?
Melanoma, the least common form of skin cancer, is also the most deadly. That’s why it’s so exciting to know that a new study published in Molecular Cancer Therapeutics in April of 2013 Continue reading
Statins linked to lasting kidney damage
When it comes to buying airtime, billion-dollar drugs like Crestor, Lipitor and Zocor are giving a certain green gecko a run for his money. In fact, these days the only way to avoid the constant onslaught of commercials for cholesterol-lowering statins is to turn off your television.
But I’m hoping a new study takes some of the Madison Avenue shine off of these potentially unsafe, and possibly even deadly, Continue reading
- One in four Americans over the age of 45 take a statin drug to reduce their cholesterol. Most are prescribed a statin as a primary prevention strategy against heart attack and stroke
- In one recent study, statin use was associated with a 52 percent increased prevalence and Continue reading
Cucumbers are the fourth most cultivated vegetable in the world and known to be one of the best foods for your body’s overall health, often referred to as a superfood. Cucumbers are often sprayed with pesticides so it is important to buy organic or even better, grow them yourself.
Here are 10 Benefits of cucumbers: Continue reading