Millions of doses of “acid blocking” proton pump inhibitor drugs are doled out every year, yet most doctors and their patients are completely oblivious to their unintended, adverse effects, which include increased risk for premature death. Continue reading
- Cholesterol, the soft, waxy substance found in every cell in your body, is used to produce several of your body’s vital functions, including hormones and vitamin D. High cholesterol is now recognized for its link to longer life
- Faulty science says your total cholesterol is not a gauge of your heart disease risk, because when your levels are measured, elevated levels called triglycerides are also taken into account
- Found in every cell of your body, cholesterol is used to produce several of your body’s vital functions, including those that involve hormones and vitamin D
- Studies show a contrary or inverse link between all-cause mortality and total cholesterol levels; in other words, mortality is highest when your cholesterol is low, without exception
- Considering the false information on cholesterol, continued prescriptions for statins, and the potentially devastating side effects they cause, it’s clear why researchers are calling for a paradigm shift in the way cholesterol is treated
Romaine Lettuce is such an important Super Food that a Greek island is named after it. Romaine lettuce is a delicious and crispy leafy green. In the United States, it’s primarily grown in California, making romaine lettuce widely available in the country throughout the year. Continue reading
Thyroid hormone is critical for your mitochondrial function
When thyroid hormone is deficient or poorly functioning, you may experience symptoms ranging from fatigue and constipation, to hair loss, Continue reading
Constipation is uncomfortable-physically and even just talking about it. Let’s just say it’s not high on the list of topics people want to discuss. It is, however, a problem that 63 million Americans will encounter.
The problem is exacerbated for seniors, who often experience higher rates of constipation. Continue reading
Well, the good news is that spring is in the air. The bad news is that pollen is too.
If you suffer from seasonal allergies like me, you know what a drag they can be. Instead of spending your spring smelling the roses, you spend it sifting through a medicine cabinet full of nasty nasal sprays and Continue reading
It used to be that “ten fingers and ten toes” was the barometer for whether a baby was born healthy. But the more we learn about autism, the better we understand that babies are often born with difficult, life-altering ailments that are much tougher to see at first glance.
Needless to say, if science could discover a silver bullet for preventing autism, Continue reading
- What’s normal and what’s not when you look into the toilet after using it? You can learn a great deal about your overall health by taking a look at your stool and noting its color, size, shape, consistency, odor and other features
- Your toileting habits, such as your frequency of elimination and the ease with which you move your bowels, can provide additional clues to your health status
- If you know what to look for, you may be able to detect health problems early enough to stop them in their tracks, including serious diseases like celiac disease, Continue reading
Researchers decided recently to test whether children with migraines would be better off taking nothing at all than consuming popular prescription drugs.
And guess what? Nothing won.
Here’s what happened. A group of Midwestern medical researchers banded together to analyze Continue reading
Believe me when I tell you that Big Pharma wants to make it as easy as possible for you to consume their dangerous and costly medications. Don’t like injections? Try a pill. Pills not your thing? Try some cherry-flavored syrup instead.
The folks at the drug companies would deliver Continue reading
Did You Know……your daily jogging routine could cause a host of unpleasant side effects? Are you an avid, or even occasional jogger? Do you jog beside main roads? If so, you’re putting yourself at risk for an abundance of nasty conditions, such as… Continue reading
Why This “Silent Healer” Has Become the Top Herbal Supplement Sold in Health Food Stores
There’s an inexpensive herbal supplement called the “Silent Healer” that may be a drug-free remedy for many of the world’s ills — one that comes without any undesirable side effects. Continue reading
Irritable bowel syndrome, or IBS, is probably the most common digestive disorder seen by doctors. Basically, this condition results when the normal contractions of your digestive tract become irregular and uncoordinated. Material starts to accumulate in the digestive tract and causes stomach problems, bloating, pain, and constipation.
Not surprisingly, many people learn to fear eating, which seems to trigger all the painful digestive symptoms that go along with IBS. Malnutrition can then become a real problem. Continue reading
Most Europeans are under the wrong impression on the origins of this wonderful plant. The Gladiolus was first discovered near the end of its range in KwaZulu Natal in the late 1820’s. The name G. natalensis was then used for species farmed in Holland. Professor C.G.C. Reinwardt at Leyden distributed plants under this name to growers. No other species of the genus has caused so much taxonomic confusion and misunderstanding. Continue reading
Did You Know…
… that beet juice is an astonishingly effective treatment for leukemia and other cancers?
The beautiful crimson color of the beet comes from betacyanins, natural compounds that also happen to be extremely powerful cancer-fighting agents. Beets also contain an amino acid called betaine, packed with anti-cancer properties Continue reading