Throughout our evolutionary history, humans have utilized various edible plants. The ingestion of plants provided our bodies with valuable nutrients when meat was scarce, as well as with an array of phytochemicals. (1) Research indicates that the latter component of plant foods, phytochemicals, played a pivotal role in shaping our physiology. Continue reading
Turmeric (Curcuma longa) is a rich and aromatic spice popular in Indian and Middle Eastern cuisines. But on top of its uses in the kitchen, turmeric also has medicinal properties that render it a potent natural medicine for numerous ailments, from sprains to arthritis.
- In July 2020, famous Broadway actor Nick Cordero died of complications from COVID-19, including septic shock, or sepsis
- Sepsis is a leading cause of deaths overall, and it’s also an important contributor to the death of COVID-19 patients — one that’s been flying largely under the radar
- The symptoms of sepsis may be confused with those from a bad cold or the flu, and include high fever, chills, confusion, rapid heartbeat, nausea or vomiting and cold, clammy skin
- A sepsis treatment protocol developed by Dr. Paul Marik, which involves intravenous vitamin C with hydrocortisone and thiamine (vitamin B1), has been shown to dramatically improve chances of survival in sepsis cases
Americans are obsessed with reducing the effects of aging on their hair, skin, muscles and brain. Here are five substances that can improve the aging process and five more that dramatically worsen the effects of time on your body Continue reading
It’s normal for a person to experience hair loss: On average, a person can lose up to 100 hairs from his scalp every day. However, while most people grow them back, those with alopecia experience extreme hair loss, either due to diseases like lupus, thyroid issues or diabetes; environmental exposure; medication; or even poor nutrition. In their study, a team from the University of California, Irvine investigated whether alternative treatments can help relieve the condition. Continue reading
Research has concluded that a healthy diet rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory natural substances can increase longevity and improve the aging process by reducing the risk of age-related diseases Continue reading
- Chronic inflammation is a hallmark of virtually all disease, including cancer, obesity and heart disease. Your diet plays a significant if not primary role as it can either trigger or prevent inflammation
- Leafy greens, berries and mushrooms are potent anti-inflammatory foods. People with autoimmune diseases may want to limit vegetables high in lectins, though, as they may cause more problems than they solve
- Traditionally fermented and cultured foods are anti-inflammatory staples that work their “magic” by optimizing your gut flora. Examples include kefir, yogurt, natto, kimchee, miso, tempeh, pickles, sauerkraut, olives and other fermented vegetables
- Marine-based omega-3 fats found in fatty cold-water fish that are low in environmental toxins are important anti-inflammatories that are particularly crucial for brain and heart health
- Other anti-inflammatory foods and supplements include green tea, spices such as cloves, ginger, rosemary and turmeric, herbal remedies such as white willow bark, maritime pine bark and Cat’s claw, and supplements such as resveratrol, curcumin, capsaicin, vitamin D, zinc and SAM-e
Thirty years of research reveals 10 of the best food phytonutrients to ingest to protect against and even treat the root cause of most cancers. Continue reading
Story at-a-glance −
An estimated 300,000 Americans are diagnosed with Lyme disease each year, and the prevalence is rising across the US, even in states that have not reported any cases of Lyme before Continue reading
In today’s world, fluoride is hard to avoid completely. Here’s how to detox your body.
Adding fluoride to the water supplies has been called murder on a grand scale. But whether or not your town adds it to your drinking water, you’re probably ingesting this toxin every day. Continue reading
The ancient Indian spice turmeric strikes again! A new study finds turmeric extract selectively and safely killing cancer stem cells in a way that chemo and radiation can not. Continue reading
Top 12 Strategies I Believe Can Support Your Health*
I answer the question, “Which supplements should I take?” Plus, find out which ones I take.