It turns out, you don’t need alcohol to get drunk, says a recent study published in the journal Cell Metabolism. Continue reading
Up to 90% of colon cancer cases can be linked to diet. Let food be your medicine. Continue reading
Story at-a-glance −
Your body is colonized by a vast array of microorganisms that modulate every aspect of your health and physiology, moment to moment, Continue reading
New research finds that our gut bacteria linked with negative thinking – and supplementing probiotics can reduce negative thoughts.
Negative thinking is defined as a spiraling of thinking that takes a person from one negative thought to the next. Continue reading
Story at-a-glance −
It’s been estimated that by the year 2050, drug-resistant disease will cause more than 10 million deaths and cost the global economy $100 trillion
Three of the primary sources of antibiotics entering the environment, the human food chain, Continue reading
Contrary to popular belief, obesity is not simply the result of eating too many calories and not exercising enough
Antibiotics, found in medicine and non-organic meats, promote obesity by killing off beneficial gut bacteria and altering your microbiome Continue reading
Your intestinal bacteria are part of your immune system, and researchers are discovering that microbes play instrumental roles in countless areas of your health, including your weight Continue reading
Despite a strong and vocal opposition, genetically engineered Roundup-resistant alfalfa was approved in late 2011. Conventional alfalfa farmers were concerned that their conventional alfalfa would be contaminated through cross-pollination
When Roundup Ready alfalfa Continue reading
Tests show that people in 18 countries across Europe have glyphosate in their bodies. Of the urine samples tested, an average of 44 percent was found to contain glyphosate; 70 percent of Germans, Britons, and Polish tested positive
Researchers have Continue reading
- A 2012 nutritional analysis of GMO versus non-GMO corn shows shocking differences in nutritional content. Non-GMO corn contains 437 times more calcium, 56 times more magnesium, and 7 times more manganese than GMO corn
- GMO corn was also found to contain 13 ppm of glyphosate, Continue reading
A shocking new study finds that glyphosate, the active ingredient in Roundup herbicide, “…may be the most biologically disruptive chemical in our environment,” capable of contributing to a wide range of fatal human diseases.
A new report published in Continue reading
- What’s normal and what’s not when you look into the toilet after using it? You can learn a great deal about your overall health by taking a look at your stool and noting its color, size, shape, consistency, odor and other features
- Your toileting habits, such as your frequency of elimination and the ease with which you move your bowels, can provide additional clues to your health status
- If you know what to look for, you may be able to detect health problems early enough to stop them in their tracks, including serious diseases like celiac disease, Continue reading
Story at-a-glance Continue reading
In recent years, probiotic bacteria have been touted as an alternative medicine to relieve gastrointestinal issues, like indigestion, bloating and irritable bowel syndrome. Now, researchers believe that the healthy microbes may also be good for the mind.
In a mouse model, scientists from University College Cork and McMaster University found that rodents that consumed probiotic-enriched food displayed fewer symptoms and signs of depression and anxiety when compared to a control group.
“These findings highlight the important role that gut bacteria play in the bidirectional communication between the gut and the brain, the gut-brain axis, and opens up the intriguing opportunity of developing unique microbial-based strategies for treatment Continue reading