- Echinacea use reduces the incidence and duration of the common cold.
- Echinacea appears effective in preventing upper respiratory tract infections in children.
- Treatment with Echinacea Plus tea at early onset of cold or flu symptoms was effective for relieving these symptoms in a shorter period of time than a placebo.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu incidence in non-vaccinated individuals.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu symptom duration and severity.
- Daily dietary probiotic supplementation for Continue reading
Like a ticking time bomb, the World Health Organization (WHO) warns of a deadly new coronavirus known as Middle East Respiratory Symptom Coronavirus, or MERS-CoV, that has reared its ugly head killing approximately 50 percent of its known victims thus far. There’s no evidence showing from where the virus derives and no information whether it originates in any particular animal, according to WHO.
Initial contact Continue reading
Even during a flu epidemic, there’s no reason to fear becoming sick if you have the following home remedies on hand. Some act to protect you ahead of time before even getting sick, while others help you to recover after contracting the illness.
Remedies for preventing the flu Continue reading
Mullein, a plant that grows in dry, barren places, has been used for centuries because of its outstanding medicinal qualities. Its healing properties are found in its roots, leaves, and flowers, and it has been effective in treating a variety of health conditions, especially respiratory disorders. Continue reading
The health benefits of Mullein Essential Oil can be attributed to its properties like analgesic, anti inflammatory, anti septic, disinfectant, diuretic, expectorant, febrifuge, relaxant and tranquilizing.
Common Mullein or Verbascum Thapsus and Wavy Leaf Mullein or Verbascum Sinuatum, as they are botanically known, both used to extract the essential oil. The former one is more preferred for extracting oil. The Essential Oil is extracted by steam distillation of its leaves and flowers. The Mullein is distributed all over Europe, South and Central America and temperate zones of Asia. The essential oil contains coumarin, rotenone, and tannin, triterpene saponins like verbascosaponin, mucilage, aucubin, catalpol, flavonoids and phenolic acids. From very old time, Mullein was famous as Candlewick as it as actually used to make candlewicks.
Later on, its medicinal uses took over its other uses. Let us see what those medicinal uses are.
* Analgesic: The analgesic property Continue reading