Mercury Is Too Dangerous to Be in Light Bulbs and Vaccines

Visitors:64
Today\\\'s Visitors: 0
Total Visitors This week: 1071359

According to the National Association of County Health Officials (NACHO), an independent affiliate of the National Association of Counties representing 1,300 local health departments, mercury poses the following dangers: “Mercury can be extremely toxic, especially to infants and children. Mercury occurs in three forms: the elemental form (also referred to as metallic), inorganic salt, and organic compounds called methyl mercury. Each form has characteristic pathways of exposure and unique health effects. Mercury affects the nervous system, causing brain, nerve, kidney, and lung damage. Though symptoms may be absent or non-specific, a fact that will hinder diagnosis, they frequently include skin rashes, particularly redness and peeling of the hands and feet in children; tremors; muscular weakness; inability to walk; convulsions; personality changes; memory loss; and in extreme cases, death. The developing fetus is the most sensitive to the effects of mercury, and so women of child-bearing age are the population of greatest concern. Children of women exposed to relatively high levels of methyl mercury during pregnancy Continue reading