Do you find yourself squinting and straining to read the daily news and wondering why the writing on menus has become so small? Are you interested in keeping your vision sharp no matter what your age? If so, these five best foods for eye health are a natural way to give your vision a boost from the inside out! Continue reading
- In Ohio, suicide is the leading cause of death for children aged 10 to 14, according to a report from the Ohio Department of Health
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15- to 34-year-olds in Ohio
- In Ohio, from 2007 to 2018 the number of suicides among youth ages 10 to 24 increased by 56%, while the suicide rate increased by 64%
- Some have suggested that Congress should create a “psychologist general,” an office that would be dedicated to Americans’ mental health, similar to that of the surgeon general for physical health needs
- If you notice someone showing signs of contemplating suicide, it’s recommended that you ask them directly if they’re having suicidal thoughts; doing so won’t increase the risk of suicide but may help to open up a conversation that can help
- Carrots contain fiber, which may help curb your dog’s hunger and lessen their risk of obesity. They also contain vitamin A, which may help reduce their risk of eye problems
- Carrots can be steamed and pureed before being fed to dogs. If you intend to serve them raw, be sure to wash, peel and then cut them into small cubes
- Cats may reap the same health benefits as dogs when fed carrots
Kale contains more than 45 unique flavonoids, which have both antioxidant and anti-inflammatory benefits Continue reading
Lung inflammation occurs when fluid collects either inside your lungs or within the inner lining of your lungs. The exact cause of lung inflammation varies, but toxins, pollutants, viral infections and lung diseases such as tuberculosis, cystic fibrosis and emphysema appear to contribute to this condition. Symptoms of lung inflammation include chest tightness, shortness of breath, Continue reading
the recent release of a provocative children’s book entitled Melanie’s Marvelous Measles, a debate has ensued regarding the effectiveness and wisdom surrounding measles vaccinations. When I first heard about the book, I went to Amazon to order a copy for myself. The amount of negative reviews was staggering. People were claiming that the information was “dangerous”, “harmful” and Continue reading
The news blackout and disinformation campaign of natural cures has been so effective since WWII that Continue reading
Butter. Oh yum, butter. Butter on corn, butter on scones, green beans in brown butter, buttercream icing, herb butter… Oh, butter, no other fat is quite like you, and we love you for it.
But let’s start at the beginning. Cow’s milk is separated into milk and cream. Continue reading
Days ago it was announced that European researchers had discovered a breakthrough cure for grey and thinning hair: A topical application of a sun-activated compound called PC-KUS (a modified pseudocatalase). However, the researchers may be a few hundred years late with their discovery since onion juice has been used as a remedy for thin and greying hair for ages.
What the researchers found was that grey hair is primarily caused by Continue reading
If you suffer from prostate cancer, there’s a good chance you’ve never been told the real cause of your disease.
There may be a whole lot more to it than bad luck or lifestyle decisions, like the foods you eat. In fact, it may be as simple as this — you have a couple of lazy (but important) genes that are sleeping on the job!
You see, researchers believe that prostate cancer grows Continue reading
The benefits of beet juice have been backed by countless studies, but it seems most people are unaware of its nutritional power.
These bright red root vegetables pack a variety of vitamins and minerals rarely found in such high concentrations within one food.
Beets became popular around the world in the 19th century when it was discovered they could be used to make sugar; the very first beet sugar plant was built in Poland. Continue reading
Low white blood cell counts are indicative of a suppressed immune system and can have many causes. Emotional state and stress, an unhealthy diet and lifestyle, and nutritional intake can all cause lower immune system response and low white blood cell counts. Low immunity can also be caused by a number of health conditions, by surgical or medical treatments and by the natural aging process. Whatever the cause, Continue reading
Correlations between lifestyle and male fertility have been made in numerous studies over recent years. Some show that well fed sperm cells are most likely to achieve successful fertilization, while others confirm what most of us already suspected: that bad diet and lifestyle choices are an important cause of male infertility. Continue reading
Shimmery, vibrant and soft-bodied hair is something that everyone strives for. Apple cider vinegar (ACV) is a wonderful and surprisingly effective way to lay the foundation needed for this. After all, what is healthy hair that doesn’t also have the signature sheen and light reflective ability that we associate with Continue reading
Grapefruit is one of the healthiest foods you can eat—except that it could kill you.
The familiar citrus fruit is rich in vitamin C, vitamin A, potassium, fiber, and antioxidants. It is recommended not just as a food for optimum health, but also for weight loss. Not surprisingly, this has led to an increased popularity in grapefruit. But, Continue reading