Research has concluded that a healthy diet rich in antioxidants and anti-inflammatory natural substances can increase longevity and improve the aging process by reducing the risk of age-related diseases Continue reading
Tinnitus is a buzzing or ringing in the ears that has become a chronic nightmare for millions of Americans, causing undue stress, trouble working and even sleeplessness. Research explores yoga — an age-old practice proven as a stress buster — as a sound option to help address the stress-related psychological symptoms that come with tinnitus Continue reading
- In Ohio, suicide is the leading cause of death for children aged 10 to 14, according to a report from the Ohio Department of Health
- Suicide is the second leading cause of death among 15- to 34-year-olds in Ohio
- In Ohio, from 2007 to 2018 the number of suicides among youth ages 10 to 24 increased by 56%, while the suicide rate increased by 64%
- Some have suggested that Congress should create a “psychologist general,” an office that would be dedicated to Americans’ mental health, similar to that of the surgeon general for physical health needs
- If you notice someone showing signs of contemplating suicide, it’s recommended that you ask them directly if they’re having suicidal thoughts; doing so won’t increase the risk of suicide but may help to open up a conversation that can help
We desperately need to create an open discussion in medicine about all the possibilities that we have to treat human beings with disease. Nothing tops the list like the need to protect ourselves from all the poisons in the environment and unfortunately today this goes especially for people who live in cities. Its like a leaking boat, the water comes (toxins with every breath) in and we constantly have to bail the water out. If we don’t do that fast enough we sink. Continue reading
Hypothyroidism is a condition wherein the thyroid glands do not produce enough hormones to sustain metabolic functions. As a result, people with this condition may experience a wide array of symptoms like fatigue, constipation, aches and pains, and depression. While this disease can affect both sexes, it is especially common in women and is normally treated with hormone replacement medication. However, this treatment is not without side effects — especially if the patient misses a pill. Forgetting a dose may wreak havoc to the body and produce more symptoms. Continue reading
Story at-a-glance −
Glyphosate shuts down amino acid synthesis, followed by inhibition of protein synthesis necessary for plant growth. When that happens, it makes the plant more susceptible to pathogens in the soil Continue reading
Story at-a-glance −
Odor-evoked autobiographical memory describes the vivid emotional memories often triggered by various scents Continue reading
Okay, so you have a cold – or those around you have a cold. What to do? Get some drugs? Think again. Most are no better for placebo for the common cold. The most successful proven cold remedies are natural. Continue reading
Many people have struggled with feelings of depression, feelings of general sadness, or intense sorrow and grief. Plant products have historically been consumed and utilized for their nutritive and holistic benefits. Many plant materials are being researched for their therapeutic value for our mental health. Here are 23 natural substances which Continue reading
Crunch time: Celery is 96 per cent water – but is also rich in minerals
A new study had found that some fruit and vegetables may hydrate the body twice as effectively as a glass of water – making them a refreshing snack option during the hot summer months. Continue reading
Did You Know… …
that a simple seed used since Paleolithic times has astounding health benefits for weight loss, heart health, vision, and anti-aging? Most modern people don’t recognize the seeds of pine cones as a superfood, but our Paleolithic ancestors certainly may have—they relied on these seeds Continue reading
Of all the toxic heavy metals, mercury is the most devastating to the brain. No legitimate scientist would ever argue that mercury is safe to inject into a child at any dose, and the CDC has never established any “safe” level of mercury in human blood for the simple reason that there’s isn’t any safe level.
- Echinacea use reduces the incidence and duration of the common cold.
- Echinacea appears effective in preventing upper respiratory tract infections in children.
- Treatment with Echinacea Plus tea at early onset of cold or flu symptoms was effective for relieving these symptoms in a shorter period of time than a placebo.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu incidence in non-vaccinated individuals.
- A yeast-based fermentation byproduct reduces cold and flu symptom duration and severity.
- Daily dietary probiotic supplementation for Continue reading