You will hear a lot of things said about your diet and what you should and shouldn’t eat. We are looking at what to eat for breakfast in this article but why is breakfast just so important? Well breakfast is the first meal of the day and it is what gets us started. That is not only a figure of speech but it will actually get our digestive system moving and if you are looking to control your weight will really help. Having a healthy breakfast is vital as it will make sure we start of the day the right way. Also if you eat well for breakfast it will help to keep you satisfied until lunch and so reduce the chance of you snacking. This is important for all people but if you are trying to lose weight it is even more vital and can really help you with your weight loss program.
Five of the Best Breakfasts
Often people don’t know what to eat for breakfast or what to choose. Below we will split the possible breakfast items into five categories and give you the best thing you can eat out of each. This will not only give you options for your breakfast but also make sure you are on the right track.
1. Cereal – the best cereal that you can eat is granola this is a combination of wholegrain oats that are packed full of fibre and nuts and seeds that are a great source of omega 3. It is important to be careful when buying it though as many have a lot of added sugar. Look for varieties with no added sugar. If you want sweetness you can look for varieties that include berries.
2. Fruit Juice – the best fruit juice to go for is tomato. Firstly it contains less sugar than many other fruit juices like orange however it also contains a disease fighting antioxidant that many studies have shown reduce your chance of getting breast cancer. As with so many juices it is much better if you can make your own at home with fresh tomatoes.
3. Toast – if you are going to have toast then the best bread to use is whole meal sourdough. This type of bread does not use commercial yeast so reduces the chance of making your feel bloated and sluggish. In addition it has a low GI and so will help to keep you going until lunch especially if you spread it with peanut butter.
4. Yogurt – the best yogurt to go for is plain live yogurt. This is high in protein, calcium and vitamin B2 as well as probiotics that can help with a healthy digestive system. It will also not have the sugar that you get in many yogurts. Good alternatives are fromage frais and 0% fat Greek yogurt.
5. Fruit – the best fruit to have for breakfast are berries, particularly if you combine them with your granola and 0% fat Greek yogurt. These are great as they have the largest amount of antioxidants of all fruit. They will also help to fight free radicals and to aid cell renewal. Being very low in calories also makes them a great snack throughout the day.
If you eat a correct breakfast, you will not need to eat the unhealthy nibbles and junk food. Don’t eat breakfast and you will end up with the necessity to stuff your body with nibbles.The main thing is that breakfast starts your basic metabolic rate.